CODAS and CWP
What is the Cold Weather Priority (CWP) Scheme?
The extract below from www.coldweatherpriority.co.uk explains why CWP is such an important Fuel Distribution industry initiative:
“According to the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), there are around 40,000 ‘excess winter deaths’ in the UK each year.
This term describes avoidable deaths where cold is a significant contributing factor. We also know from NICE that, of these avoidable deaths, over 80% occurred in people aged 75 and over.”
The CWP scheme was devised to easily identify those people in the UK who may be more susceptible to the dangers associated with cold conditions. At times when there is a fuel shortage or during periods of extreme cold, fuel suppliers joining the Cold Weather Priority scheme will have information, at their fingertips, that allows them to prioritise fuel delivery for customers they know might be at risk.
CDS and CODAS have been part of the CWP industry initiative from the beginning, including development of the functionality and support of the original pilot programme.
CWP functionality is available now in the current release of CODAS and CODAS Vantage. In both software packages, CWP is included free of any additional licensing charge.
CODAS–CWP functionality includes:
- Automatic identification and flagging of customers in the CODAS database who may be suitable for the CWP scheme
- Simple opt-in, opt-out consent-based flexibility: an authorised CODAS user must manually confirm CWP flagged customers before they are enrolled in the scheme
- Alongside CWP, customers can provide consent to be enrolled in the “Safe & Well” Fire & Rescue scheme: CODAS will automatically inform the Fire & Rescue Service
- Easy identification of CWP customers to all CODAS users: Once enrolled, CWP customers are highlighted in all customer-related CODAS screens
- All orders for CWP customers are automatically flagged as ‘CWP-critical’
- CODAS User alerts: Specific CODAS users can be configured to receive alerts if a CWP-critical order is cancelled or where a change is made to a scheduled order that might delay delivery
- CWP orders are highlighted in all versions of LoadMap2